Coverage & contact
Q – Do you cover our area?
A – It depends on the scale, but generally we will cover projects across England and Wales. Many are in London.
Q – Is there a minimum charge?
A – All new client projects will exceed £500+VAT due to insurance/administration/invoicing/tax/client setup etc. Many of our Clients regularly request assistance across multiple sites, or developments and as the "administration" is reduced, they may pay less than £500+VAT, for advice on minor issues.
Q – Can you provide a fixed quote over the phone?
A – No, all projects are unique, with a difference scope and time necessary. Details need to be provided.
Q – Will your fees be lower than competitors?
A – As a small business, with low over-heads, it is inherent that on a like for like basis our fees can then be more competitive. However, larger multinationals may use cheaper less experienced staff or produce work on a quicker, more generic basis which then could be cheaper. Try to consider obtaining the service of a Consultant similar to finding out the price of a car. There is no single price for a car; it will depend on many factors, such as build quality, size and longevity. A new Audi and Skoda are unlikely to be sold at the same price . We don't price match competitors as the service and quality is not like for like.
Q – Does your consultancy have the necessary professional indemnity insurance through Lloyds of London specifically for the provision of Civil Engineering professional advice?
A – Yes, evidence of this can be provided. Many flat rate and low cost Consultancies do not have such insurance. For a company to obtain such insurance detailed checks on compendence and quality are typically made by Underwriters on the Director's across a 20 year span of technical experience in the industry. Neither Wilsham Consultanting as a company or Stephen Gibson have ever been the subject to any insurance claims.
Q – Do you accept all client proposals?
A – No. We don't accept around 50% of proposals, for a multitude of reasons. These can include the following:
- Scope requires skills outside our professional compedence (Structural / Electrical etc)
- Work requested is construction rather than consultancy
- We are already committed to other client projects for several months (we are usually busy)
- Lack of clarity over client details, or client's ability to pay for service requested.
- Proposal involves surplanting an existing professional or the existing professional are already in legal dispute, where it is not possible to draw clear lines of responsbility and liability.
- Potential conflicts of interest, lack of professional independence.
We are not under any obligation to provide quotes or services.
Supported by an experienced team of CAD civil/structural technicans.