Wilsham Consulting is one of the world's leading small and independent civil engineering consultants.
We are a Equal Opportunities Employer.
You should have a proven track record of civil engineering project delivery in the UK.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Highly respected in the civil engineering industry for technical ability. This will include evidence of presenting at conferences on civil engineering matters and involvement with the formation of technical advice in relation to CIRIA, British Standards, DEFRA, the EA, or other respected organisations in the industry.
- Commercially experienced, bringing evidence of a extended client network and experience in both pricing and delivery.
- Over 10 years of experience in the civil engineering industry of civil engineering design.
- Understanding the detail of project design and construction, and applying that knowledge to understand constraints and opportunities to improve customer value.
- Able to multitask across a multitude of smaller projects (under £100m capex) – all at the same time to try to reach, or exceed client programmes.
This is not a standard position in one of the usual multinational consultancies where you will be one of thousands. This is a unique opportunity.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with growing the business organically.
- Raising the technical profile of Wilsham Consulting to the clients to contrast with the major "faceless" multinationals.
- Bringing customers to the business and forming stable repeat workloads across market sectors.
- Pricing projects and financial risk analysis
- Proven experience of directly delivering design projects- from start to finish.
We don't want:
- civil engineers who are used to "managing and leading" massive teams on major multi-million pound frameworks, who in reality have hardly any design experience or direct commercial ability in scoping, pricing and delivering projects.
This job would suit a civil engineer:
- Who wants to join an established, but small specialist civil engineering consultancy and step-up to taking part ownership
- Representing Wilsham Consulting at the highest levels of client organisations, Association of Consulting Engineers, FSB and advice to Government.
- Keen to explore collaboration and partnerships with consultancies in other EU countries.
If this sounds like you, contact us using the form below: